Toilet can create a hell lot of a mess if it’s clogged and can create a miserable smell. We all hate our toilets clogging. Of course, it is a worrying situation and causes us to find answers to ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’ But don’t worry! Having a clogged toilet does not mean you have to live with it forever.
There are plenty of answers to ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’ So, if one solution does not work, you can always get around to the second one. So, let us look at some quick and easy ways to get this done.
How to Unclog the Toilet When Nothing Works?
‘How to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’ solutions can be easy if you know the techniques. Sometimes, you might even have to get a plumber’s help. But it depends on how bad the clog is.
There is certain home equipment that can help you do away with the clogging problem. So, without wasting further time, let’s help you find solutions to ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’
‘How to Unclog the Toilet When Nothing Works?’ Hot water and dish soap
Hot water can come out as a savior for plenty of things in your life. It might help you get rid of the clogged toilet too. The process is simple. You only need to follow a procedure to implement the use of hot water and dish soap for ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’
- Take some amount of water, approximately 4.5 liters.
- Put it in a container, and heat it. However, you should remember not to boil the water(boiling water might cause a crack ).
- After it gets heated up, carefully pour the water into the toilet.
- Once you pour the heated water, add some ‘dish soap.’
- Adding dish soap will allow the clog’s loosing.
- You will see that as it lubricates, the clog goes away.
Using hot water and dish soap for ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’ makes the process really simple. So, if you are thinking of some easy ways to get this done, you can give this method a try!
Using a Plunger For How to Unclog the Toilet When Nothing Works
A plunger is quite a workable device when it comes to eliminating the clog from your toilet. You can get started with the toilet unclogging by simply putting the plunger into the toilet to promote drainage. However, before doing so, it is essential that you have plenty of water in your toilet.
- Straighten the plunger so it covers the drainage hole.
- When putting the plunger, ensure the cup goes straight down the hole and fills with much water. Then push the plunger up and down strenuously with your hand.
- Keep repeating the process.
- The last step is to turn on the water supply and gently flush the toilet.
The use of a plunger will be the best way to implement it if hot water and dish soap do not work for you! Only make sure there is the availability of ample water.
Hiring a Plumber
How to unclog the toilet when nothing works can turn out to be on the expensive side sometimes. If the above two ways do not seem to offer an adequate solution, you might have to hire a plumber.
So, if you do not wish to involve yourself with the clogged toilet, you can choose the easiest way to get out of the mess by contacting the plumber. It will save you time and can get you out of the bad smell easily.
Drain Snake Process- How to Unclog the Toilet When Nothing Works?
If you don’t get the plunger by any chance, there are other ways to get the toilet to unclog. Using of drain snake is one of the techniques. A drain toilet snake is nothing but just a log metal wire with a helical tip.
- Put the auger (drain snake) into the toilet.
- Extend the cable into the drain pipe and extend it till you reach the clog.
- With the pressure, try to create an opening for water to flow, and remember to move the auger clockwise till you find the clog.
- Not only do you have to find and reach the clog, but also the work is to break down the clog.
- Once you are able to break it, flush the toilet so that it clears itself.
Get a Chemical Drain Cleaner
The above methods might not always be feasible. If you don’t get the results of using these tricks, go for the chemical use, which you can easily find next to your doorstep. These cleaners are available in the market at groceries as well as online. But using these chemicals can usually cause you and the environment a serious problem and also might damage your toilet. So, we prefer using a drain snake or plunger to unclog the toilet.
Choose Enzyme Products For How to Unclog the Toilet When Nothing Works
Several enzyme products can work wonders in helping you unclog your toilet. In fact, many people suggest using enzyme products when asked, ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’
Enzyme products are waste removal products that will break down the waste products in the water and can free the flow of water, which will stop the toilet from clogging. But the issue that arises here is it’s only applicable to organic waste, which can be broken down. So, if your toilet got clogged because a toy or any other object got stuck there, it might not be useful.
You can easily find enzyme products near your home improvement stores. It’s environmentally healthy and also won’t damage your drainage pipe. For further information, you can read and follow the instructions written on the enzyme product. To see the result wait overnight for the product to work and see the toilet getting unclog without any hardship.
Using Baking Soda and Vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar come in handy solutions for several problems. They might even turn out to be the best solution for ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works.’ It’s time to get creative and get rid of the problem of clogged toilets by using home remedies.
Without wasting money, you can try products available at your home. Using baking soda and vinegar can help you.
- All you have to do is empty some water and pour 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar into the toilet hole.
- Give some time for the chemical reaction to occur. About half an hour would suffice.
- After 30 minutes, add some warm water into the toilet and wait till it drains. Now, you only have to wait till the clog disappears.
- If it doesn’t, you can repeat the process one more time.
What Causes Clogged Toilets?
It is very much necessary to keep your washroom clean for hygienic. Before one gets straight to finding the solution, one must know the reason behind the problem. It is important to figure out the problem first, so you be cautious and avoid the problem from arising again. Clogging of a toilet can make your washroom stink and overflow with dirty water if it’s not drained correctly.
Toilets can create drain clogs due to several reasons.
- It might be due to putting a lot of toilet paper into the toilet before flushing.
- Sometimes, obstruction can cause clogging.
Disposable clothes, menstrual products, and hair are kind of obstructions that causes problems in the flow of the water in the drainage system.
- It becomes difficult to break down and pass through pipelines.
You need to understand putting such things in the toilet is not appropriate. Dustbins are made for such waste. Putting such waste causes problems while flushing and leads to clogs in the toilet.
Wrapping it Up!
Clogged toilets can create a hell lot of a mess. But you don’t have to worry a lot! There are several solutions for ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’ You only have to keep the water clogging density in mind. Otherwise, you can always have a plumber work the solution for you!
So, if your toilet is clogged, you can try these ways to get rid of it. Perhaps the clogging happened because an object got stuck there. Maybe your kid put a toy in the toilet, thus causing the problem. Kids can land you in trouble sometimes with their toys. They play a lot with slime, don’t they? Well, if you have got some slime stuck in your clothes, check out how to get slime out of your clothes.
- Why does my toilet keep clogging?
There are several reasons that can cause your toilet to clog. For instance, unusual and abnormal drainage patterns can cause clogging. Other than this, it could also be because something got stuck in your toilet.
- How can I unclog the toilet when nothing works?
There are several solutions to ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works?’ For instance, you can use baking soda, dish soap, hot water, vinegar, and several other combinations to get rid of the dump
- Which is the best way to unclog the toilet?
The best way to unclog the toilet is to use hot water and dish soap. It will unclog the toilet at once. You can follow the step-by-step process we mentioned above.
- What should I do if my toilet has clogged?
You can choose one of these ways as a solution for ‘how to unclog the toilet when nothing works.’ If none of these DIY methods seem to work for you, you can call the plumber.
- Is baking soda and vinegar a good way to get rid of the clog?
Yes! Baking soda and vinegar can help you get rid of the clog. If it does not help you for the first time, you can repeat the process.
Leave a Reply