Slime is one of the most playful toys for any child. They all love slime, don’t they? And all parents want to see is a beautiful smile on their kids’ faces. But playing with slime does have its drawbacks. For instance, it gets stuck on your clothes or hair. And at that point, all you would want to know is, ‘how to get slime out of hair?’
Nowadays, both kids and adults love to play with slime. After all, playing with it is so satisfying. But slime has a sticky nature, and because of that, getting slime out of things is so difficult. It sticks to everything. You might find it stuck on your hair, furniture, clothes, and whatnot! But don’t worry! We’ll try to find possible ways how to get slime out of hair.
How to Get Slime Out of Hair?
What removes slime from hair? How to get slime out of hair? These might be some questions encircling your mind. Slime creates problems when it sticks to hair. And we wouldn’t want you to be in trouble for a long time. There are many answers to ‘how to get slime out of hair?’ Let us look at some.
Remove Slime From Hair With Conditioner
If you think you might have to run to a hair salon or a beauty parlor to find out how to get slime out of hair, you are wrong! There are several DIY ways to get this done. For instance, you can use a hair conditioner.
You need warm water and a hair conditioner to remove slime from hair. It is one of the best ways to remove silly putty from the hair.
Depending on where the slime is stuck in your hair, you can use warm water in different ways to dissolve it. If the slime is at the tips, you can use a bowl of warm water, but if it is in the middle or on top of your head, it is easier to take a warm or hot shower.
Here is your answer to ‘how to get slime out of hair with a conditioner?’
- Apply the conditioner with your fingertips after rinsing the hair with warm water. Massage the conditioner from top to bottom.
- Use your fingers to dissolve the mucus while massaging the conditioner into your hair.
- The mucus will be broken down by the oils in the conditioner, allowing you to remove it from your hair.
- Massage the slime with your fingers while the water is running, then gently pull off as much as possible. To further remove the slime, comb through wet hair.
- Once you have removed most of the slime, wash your hair with shampoo and then rinse out the conditioner. It can also be helpful to know how to wash a synthetic wig to remove the mucus from your hair.
How to Get Slime Out of Hair With a Comb?
As we said, we are going to tell you some of the best DIY ways relating to ‘how to get slime out of hair?’ One of those ways is to use a comb.
Although it may seem counterintuitive, it helps if you pluck the tufts of hair apart with your comb from the underside of the strands. By holding the strand in the palm of your hand while combing, you protect the scalp from the pulling and tugging, while using this technique will remove knots and burrs faster.
All you need is a source of warm running water and a comb.
- Place the comb a few inches above the end of the hair and hold the strand halfway up.
- While combing, untangle any tangles. If you want to untangle knots faster, comb them from the middle or under them if they are particularly uncomfortable.
- Set your comb higher each time you untangle a knot. If you come across another knot that will not untangle, simply comb it halfway through again.
How to Get Slime Out of Hair Using Peanut Butter?
Did you know that peanut butter has several uses than just being a savoring food? And it is one thing that you can find in almost all homes. So, one of the things you should always have on hand is peanut butter. Peanut butter removes gum from your hair and works wonders when trying to find how to get slime out of hair.
- Apply peanut butter to the slime or silly putty and let it sit for a while.
- Use your fingers to get rid of gum, silly putty, or slime.
- Wash and care for your hair as usual.
Using Vinegar to Get Slime Out of Hair
Vinegar is a weak acid, it will strip your hair of its natural oils. So the acid will consume the slime without consuming your hair, but it will also consume all the healthy oils your hair needs to look and feel wonderful. Although vinegar is great for cleaning, it is not so good for your hair.
We prefer to get rid of the dirt while conditioning your hair because other things in your household, like oil or even mayonnaise, are good for your hair. However, you can use vinegar to get rid of the slime by following these steps if you have nothing else on hand and you are looking for ‘how to get slime out of hair?’ quickly.
- Mix water and vinegar to dilute it. Since the ratio is 2:0.5, you must add 2 cups of water for every half cup of vinegar. Diluting it will prevent the vinegar from smelling strong and being harmful to your hair.
- Be sure to protect your eyes from the solution when using this method.
- Pour the vinegar onto your hair, focusing on the slime, or dip your hands into the concoction.
- Dissolve the slime by pulling on the clump and massaging it. Repeat the process as needed with the vinegar solution.
- Wash your hair backward, rinse first, making sure to remove all the slime before washing.
How to Get Slime Out of Hair Using Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola or any other drink acts like vinegar to detangle hair. However, it is not recommended to put it on your head directly. Coca-Cola contains phosphoric acid, which is excellent for removing vehicle rust and cleaning coins. Coca-Cola has a variety of functions, but you should not pour it over your head.
Since hair is somewhat sensitive, the application of acid can harm them. But like vinegar, it’s better to use the acid than to have your hair cut off, so if all else fails. So, if nothing seems to work for how to get slime of hair, this can be your go-to option.
- Coke should be poured on top of the slime. Add more if needed to keep it moist while massaging it in.
- The lump can be separated with your fingers. You can also separate the strands with a comb.
- Once you have removed all the slime, wash it after cleaning it with the conditioner.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Slime Out of Hair
If you have got slime stuck in your hair, you will thank yourself for having apple cider vinegar at your home. It is a proven method that can come in handy to remove slime from your hair. Apple cider vinegar has a good cleansing effect. Your hair can be thoroughly cleaned of debris using this method. This property is exactly what we need to remove slime from the hair.
In addition, apple cider vinegar’s acidity helps dissolve the slime.
- You can combine three cups of water and one cup of apple cider vinegar in a bottle.
- Apply a solution of vinegar and water to the affected area to remove the slime. Continue to pour the liquid over the slime and gently massage it while trying to break it up with your fingers or a comb with wide tines.
- You can also remove the mucus by rubbing the strand of hair with the solution in the cup.
It’s a Wrap!
So, if there’s slime stuck in your hair, you can get it out by picking any of these ways. Slime is a frustrating toy because it gets stuck on almost everything. If it is stuck on your clothes, we have ways to get it out. Check out the information we compiled on how to get slime out of clothes that definitely work! Also, don’t forget to share it with people who need advice.
Is it possible to get slime out of hair?
Yes, you can get slime out of your hair by following a few steps. There are plenty of ways that allow getting the slime out of your hair without much difficulty. For instance, you can use a comb or vinegar.
How can I get slime out of hair?
You can get slime out of hair using a hair conditioner, peanut butter, and by using several other ways. So, there isn’t one way but numerous ways that you can implement to get slime out of hair.
How long does it take to get slime out of hair?
The duration depends on the method that you choose. Usually, you will be able to get it out of your hair within 15-30 minutes.
Which is the easiest way to get slime out of hair?
The easiest way to get slime out of hair is to use vinegar. It will help you get rid of it quickly. However, before doing so, be a little cautious and apply vinegar only to the affected area. Otherwise, your hair might suffer damage and become dull.