It is not unknown that braids have been a popular hairstyle since time immemorial. Well, braids are in vogue once again, and this time they have got popularized because of a New Jersey rapper. The jumbo style and bouncy Coi Leray braids are taking over the internet just as fast.
We bet you wish to do this look this summer. After all, braids make you look cool and funky. Many women out there are trying these knotless braids. And let us tell you that this hairstyle does make you look effortlessly chic.
Before we share some of the top Coi Leray braid’s ideas, let us tell you a few more things about their evolution.
What Are Coi Leray Braids
Coi Leray braids are just a hairstyle that involves tying your hair up in braids. But unlike the routine braids that you do, these involve tying your hair in jumbo knotless braids. The ends of the hair are left curly.
The credit for popularizing this style of braids goes to Coi Leray. The rapper was often seen rocking this look in her music videos and, of course, her concerts. Women went so crazy after this look that they started trying their own spin at it. And why not! After all, there is always room for improvement.
Well, you must think about how one does Coi Leray braids or what things you need to get this look. Don’t worry! We have got you covered!
Things needed to Achieve the Perfect Braids
To get the perfect look, you would absolutely need these few things to tie your hair together in braids.
- A pack of rubber bands
- A comb
- Hair conditioning serum
- Hair gel
- Hot water
- Curling roller (heating rods)
Coi Leray Braids Tutorial
Now that you have everything you need to put your hair together with this hairstyle, let us tell you how to begin.
- To achieve the perfect Coi Leray Braid look, you can begin by sectioning your hair into two halves with the help of a comb. You can further section your hair depending on the number of braids that you wish to make.
- Now, it is time to apply some serum to your hair to help you achieve that meticulous look. The hair conditioning serum will help you keep the hair from flying and in place.
- These knotless braids have a norm that one must begin braiding the hair. To simplify the DIY process, you can even get yourselves a wooden rack. The wooden rack for hair makes it even easier and quicker to braid your hair.
- Once you think you have braided your hair as per the desired length, you can secure the ends with rubber bands. You can follow this step religiously until you have achieved the number of braids that you desire.
- Now, you can use the curling rods to curl the hair you left loose in the end. If you use perm rods, you can dip your hair in hot water to bring the curls into them.
- Finally, you can take your hair out of the hot water and take off the perming rods. At last, you can apply some hair gel to help maintain the look.
If you follow these steps religiously, you will successfully achieve the knotless jumbo braids you desire. This tutorial will help you achieve the perfect Coi Leray braids and let you rock the outfit that you plan to wear.
Ever since the development of this hairstyle, women all over the internet have brought about an even better version of this hairstyle. To help you achieve the look of your dreams, we have some inspirational Coi Leray braids ideas that you would absolutely love to try!
Coi Leray Braids Inspirational Ideas
Thinking of trying some Coi Leray braids? Check out these awesome ideas.
Jumbo Knotless Coi Leray Braids are the most basic style of these braids. This style is perfect if you have a prom night to attend or you are looking to spend the night at the club. Jumbo braids go with all kinds of outfits as they are very versatile.
Large Part Coi Leray Braids
You can also choose to go with the large part Coi Leray braids. This hairstyle makes your hair look tidier and in place.
You can definitely enhance the look of your hair by turning them blonde. And believe us, when you tie your blonde hair together in braids, it will rock your look!
Medium Jumbo Braids
The best thing about medium jumbo Coi Leray braids is that it makes your hair look voluminous. Since there aren’t many curls at the bottom, the look is cleaner. Don’t forget to apply the hair serum and hair gel to make it look meticulous.
Braids For Kids
Is your child craving this leading braid hairstyle idea? Well, here is an inspiration on how to do it for them! Just make sure that you don’t pull their hair too, or they might cry! (pun intended)
Short Coi Leray Braids
If you think that it is not possible for you to have this hairstyle with short hair, you might be wrong! Women having short hair look all the more appealing with braids. Look at the picture below to know that we aren’t lying!
Braids With Color Highlights
Adding a bit of color to your hair definitely looks appealing. It makes your hair look attractive and also elegant. You can opt for burgundy or maroon highlights. There are also other options with which you can highlight your hair.
It’s a Wrap!
These braids are one of the best ways to level up your game. This hairstyle is definitely one of those that make you stand out. So, if you are a person who likes to stand out, Coi Leray braids can be your go-to option.
Don’t forget to make your hairstyle more lively by adding some color highlights to your hair. They will enhance the look of your braids.
If you are looking for some other easy hairstyles, check out these easy hairstyles with rubber bands. They will definitely save your day!
- What are the braids that Coi Leray has called?
Coi Leray has knotless jumbo braids that have been picking trends amongst women and girls alike. These braids were brought into popularity by the rapper Coi Leray. Usually, Coi Leray wears short jumbo knotless braids while performing and moving around.
- How can I do Coi Leray braids?
Doing these braids is very simple. You only need to partition your hair into sections. Don’t forget to put in some hair conditioning serum for a meticulous look. After this, you can follow the above-mentioned steps to achieve the perfect Coi Leray braids.
- How long do Coi Leray braids last?
If done correctly, Coi Leray braids can last up to 3 months on natural hair. Your hair texture, the length of your braids, and the way you take care of them are important factors that affect the duration of your Coi Leray braids.
- Can I wash knotless Coi Leray braids?
You can definitely wash Coi Leray braids by following a few simple steps. Usually, cleaning your hair with braids on is similar to the process of washing them normally.